Thursday, February 15, 2007

All the news that's fit to mock (badly)



Explanation via Variety. I might chime in later with some thoughts on my own, but I mostly agree with Slate's assessment.

Feb 18 Edit: Having now seen the show, I feel like - probably ironically - the New York Times's review is the more accurate assessment. But, I'll add that the show probably would have been bearable 15 years ago back when Marion Berry, Suzanne Somers, electric cars, and prison rape were funny.

Feb 19 Edit: The 1/2 Hour News Hour airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on Fox News Channel.

2 comments:

Jon Ross said...

The show is not funny at all, but the audience is trying really hard to make it seem hilarious.

James said...

If by audience you mean "laugh track," I agree. Although the show comes close to being funny by playing to the conservative base a couple of times. Close as in it nearly met the level of "Weekend Update" funny.