Monday, February 12, 2007

Commercial Break

For some reason, this ( http://woodenporchrailings.blogspot.com/ ) made me laugh. It's a one post blog about the wonders of wooden porch railings. I would normally dismiss it as some SPAM marketing attempt, which it probably is. But there doesn't seem to be a particularly company endorsing the blog. There's no links to a website, where one could buy a wooden porch railing. There's just the myriad of reasons why everyone should. So, I'm choosing to believe that there's someone out there who REALLY loves wooden porch railings and could not go another day without letting the world know it. But just the one time.

In other more overt ad news, I over heard a commercial for an insomnia treatment last night as I was reading the newspaper. The commercial was standard television drug commercial fare, but something struck me as odd. One of the possible side effects was drowsiness. I'm not a doctor - I didn't even take the MCATs - but shouldn't drowsiness be an intended effect?

No comments: